The Kamerlengo Fortress, raised on the southwestern angle of the islet on which there is the historic center of Trogir, was built from 1420 to 1437, immediately after the Venetian conquering of Trogir. It was built in the shape of an irregular trapezoid with four towers at its angles, of which the oldest and the largest was built earlier, in the 14th century. Along the walls of the fortress, at the crown, there is a passage from all sides that served guard patrols, with a wooden fence and handholds. The Kamerlengo Fortress is open for visitors and from the largest and oldest tower, there is a spectacular view of Trogir. In the summer, numerous concerts, shows, and film productions take place there.
The complex of the Garagnin – Fanfogna Palace consists of two blocks of Romanesque and Gothic houses that, according to the project of Ignacio Macanović, was enlarged and unified into a whole in the second half of the 18th century. Today it houses the Museum of the City of Trogir open for visitors during the entire year – from October to May on workdays from 09.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.; in June and September it is open from Monday thru Saturday from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and from 5.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m.; in July and August, it is opened every day from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m.
The two Cipicco/Ćipiko Palaces, the large and the small ones, were created by connecting Romanesque buildings. In the front of the large palace, there is a Gothic triphora, a work of art of Andrea Alessi, and the doors quarried by Ivan Duknović. The Southern portal was made by Niccolò Fiorentino. On the lintel, there are quarried angels wearing leaves with the inscription that in translation means Know thyself. In the small palace, there is a yard with an external stairway and the door of Niccolò Fiorentino as well as a relief with the figure of Alviz Cipiko.
The Communal Palace – the Town Hall is mentioned in the 13th century; today’s appearance can be attributed to the renovation in the 19th century when the coats of arms of the noble families of the town were installed as well as other spolia that bring back its Renaissance look.
Park Garagnin – Fanfogna, known among the local population as Garanjinov vrtal, is situated on the land part of Trogir. It was created around 1800 as a synthesis of agricultural land and an experimental property with a park atmosphere – plantations of vegetables surrounded by trees, flowers and elegant paths, beautiful architecture, and antique monuments. This park is of a closed type and was the first private botanical garden in Croatia in which there were more than 350 plant species. Unfortunately, with time the park has been deserted, yet it is soon to be renovated.
The Cathedral of St. Lawrence (of St. John of Trogir) takes the main place among the Trogir churches. The church area, in which believers gathered from the Middle Ages, is a building where slogans from Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque mingle and which houses valuable works of art.